The summer season has now kicked off in New Zealand and Auckland Airport is getting real busy. They have issued a warning telling passengers to allow extra time during the summer peak. If you are travelling from Auckland Airport, make sure you get there at least 30 minutes earlier than usual to avoid unnecessary stress.
The Airport will handle 150 flights a day, holding up to 30,000 passengers per day using the international terminal. This is 15% higher than last year. 3 new airlines are due to begin services in the next 2 months and current ones are increasing capacity to cope with the demand.
Waiting times getting through customs and bio-security checks are getting longer and while the airport is doing everything it can to improve efficiency, they are asking for everyone’s patience.
Here are some ezi tips on how to get through faster:
If you are leaving Auckland:
- Fill out the departure card before customs
- Don’t hold up on other passengers that might be in a rush
- Make sure hand luggage requirements are
- Come in 30 minutes earlier than usual
If you are arriving:
- Fill out the arrival card on the plane before landing
- Don’t forget to declare any food, animal or plant item you may carry – take a look at what you need to declare here. Make sure any items to declare are easily reachable in your luggage. Bio-security officers sometimes require you to see what you carry.
- Have your passports ready for customs
If you are travelling on one of the following dates, we recommend you to allow more time to get through:
December 19, 2015
December 20, 2015
December 22, 2015
December 27, 2015
December 29, 2015
January 3, 2016
January 10, 2016
January 17, 2016
January 24, 2016
January 31, 2016
As Auckland Airport is getting busy, we are too! We recommend you to boo your Auckland Airport car rental ahead to benefit from the best deals! We are not in terminal at Auckland Airport but our free shuttle will bring you to us in no time!