School is almost out, so it’s time to start planning your next family round trip around our amazing backyard, Aoteoroa NZ. Pack your bags, stock up on road trip snacks and you’re off on your next adventure.
Keeping the kids entertained while out and about is something the team here at Ezi Car Rental know a thing or two about. See below our team recommendations for the best kids friendly activities around NZ!
Travel in your Ezi Rental across the North Island and make the most of our backyard.
Below we have some great ideas for kid friendly, affordable activities around the North Island.
Auckland: 1 – 3 days
- Visit Auckland Zoo and see the diversity of wildlife. Kids Tickets are from $13. Adult Tickets are from $24.
- Experience Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium. Kids Tickets are from $23. Adult Tickets are from $32.80.
Rotorua: 1 – 2 days
Auckland to Rotorua driving time: 2hrs 45m
- Tour the extraordinary Hobbiton movie set as featured in The Lord of The Rings. Children (0-8 years): Free. Youth (9-16): $44. Adults: $89.
- Take a walk through New Zealand’s most active geothermal reserve. Hell’s Gate Walk: Kids Tickets are $19.50. Adult Tickets are $39.
Taupo: 1 – 2 days
Rotorua to Taupo driving time: 1hr
- Unwind while the kids play at Taupo Debretts Spa Resort and Waterpark. Kids Tickets: $13. Adult Tickets: $24.
- Watch the water thunder down at the Huka Falls with the kids. This is a free attraction!
Explore the majestic South Island, and don’t forget to bring your camera.
See below our suggestions for some epic activities that all the kids will love:
Christchurch: 1 – 2 days
- Let the kids roam free at Margaret Mahy Playground. This is a free attraction!
- Feed the birdlife and sea-life at Willowbank Wildlife Reserve. Day Passes: Kids under 5 are free. Kids (5-15 years) $12. Adults are $32.50.
Dunedin: 1 – 2 days
Christchurch to Dunedin driving time: 4hrs 30m.
- Play pretend royals with your kids and visit Lanarch Castle. Kids (0 – 14) are free. Adults are $37.
- Let your inner child loose at Inflatable World. Kids under 5: $8. Adults: $15.
Queenstown: 1 – 3 days
Dunedin to Queenstown driving time: 3hrs 30m.
- For a more adventurous activity try the Gondola and Luge. Kids (6 – 14) $32. Adults (15+) $46.
- Soak up the warmer weather with the TSS Earnslaw Cruise. Kids (5 – 15) $35. Adults (16+) $70.